Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Today #4

#4- I am thankful for my home.

I have a house and yard that I am unbelievably grateful for. Ours is a wonderful house for us. It is just the right size, is incredibly nice and has a back yard that is perfect for a little boy and a puppy to run around in. But I should be grateful for four walls on a stable foundation with a roof in a neighborhood that is safe, because a lot of people don't have that. And I am, extremely grateful.

But that is not what I am talking about when I say I am thankful for my home. When I say home, I mean what I find rest in each day. It is the place where I hear "Mama!!!" when I walk into the door, the place where I find peace, security and confidence, the place where I can be in my worst moods and best moods and still be loved the same. It is where my husband and my son are. And I am grateful for that place.

No comments: