Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Things About Me

Ugh. I didn't even make it the first month in posting at least once every 2 weeks. I think my mom is the only one who checks this still so sorry Mama. (By the way if you do read this, first thank you and second, leave me a comment and let me know!)

There is a note floating around Facebook (I guess the FB version of email forwards) that requires you to make a list of 25 random things about yourself. I am a big dork and like these kind of things so I did it when my friends sent it to me. Because I can't seem to finish a blog that I start on this thing I will just recopy it here. I made a few changes to remove personal/identifying information.
  1. I want my life to reflect the joy and peace I have of knowing Christ as my Savior. That is what matters that you know about me, the rest of the list is just fun.
  2. I have ridiculously ticklish feet. I love the result of a pedicure but getting it done is torturous.
  3. I am married to the guy I had a crush on in 7th grade, was my high school sweetheart and I still continue to find even more things to love about him.
  4. I am a mama and can’t describe how wonderful that is.
  5. 2008 was quite a year- it contained the most amazing time of our lives (having our son), and the hardest time of our lives (our church being closed). I am hoping for a less emotional 2009 (well…sort of).
  6. I am a horrible housewife. I don’t like to cook, I don’t like to clean and I am really disorganized. God bless a patient husband.
  7. My son’s smile is one of the most wonderful sights I will ever see. And I love that it is his daddy’s smile.
  8. I started a “Read the Bible in a Year” program this year and am so glad that I have.
  9. My husband is my absolute favorite person in the world. I love his character, how he makes me smile, how much he encourages me, what an amazing daddy he is….the list can go on but it is 25 things about me, not him :)
  10. I would really love to be a writer and/or speaker and/or teacher.
  11. I am a minister’s wife and actually love it. Didn’t think I would, but I do!
  12. My husband and I talked about what we thought our son’s personality would be like when I was pregnant and were surprisingly close!
  13. I love the little lake in our backyard. It has lots of ducks that my son now loves and makes for great walks. It saved my sanity the first few months with a newborn.
  14. ***This one was impossible to remove personal city related info so I'll make a new one*** I can take or leave desserts but really like hot desserts with fruit (like cobbler)
  15. I still revert to my old junior high and high school insecurities every once in a while and I wish I didn’t.
  16. I have an awesome little sister and love spending time with her. Luckily she loves my son enough that she comes to visit more often now.
  17. I have lived in "current city" for 5 and ½ years and just drove to "another neighboring big city" by myself for the first time on Friday. And I am grateful for GPS.
  18. I love learning. I enjoy hearing about research findings, reading studies, watching documentaries and miss the lectures from my wise professors. It is the only reason I am still considering PhD work.
  19. I enjoy shows on the Game Show Network and my mom and I could win Chain Reaction.
  20. I love my family. My parents are wonderful people who I really admire and I really enjoy being with them. I respect them even more now that I am a parent. I also consider it a great blessing to have my extended family.
  21. Do not talk to me while Dancing with the Stars is on. I have called the final 3 for every season since I started watching during season 3 (except Marie Osmond but she didn’t count, that was a dark period in the show). I can also often guess what the judges will say even though I really have no clue what makes a specific dance. And I dance around the apartment afterwards. My absolute favorite is the waltz.
  22. I love hot tea and drink at least one mug a day, often two. Today I had three.
  23. My favorite hobby is creating art work and craft projects. There isn’t a particular favorite and I will try most things. Cross stitching relaxes me, I love painting but it stresses me, I am getting back into scrapbooking, sewing intimidates me so I haven’t tried it but I have a hundred other things I like to do.
  24. If I had the money, I would have a house on the lake and a cabin near ski slopes that are big enough so that our family could stay too.
  25. After rereading this list, I sound like a 73 year old woman. I really am cool I promise!

So that is some info about me! I PROMISE I'll start blogging more. I have lots of ideas, just haven't had the mental energy once my son has gone to bed to write them out.

1 comment:

aunt lynnie said...

I read your blog and also check every Sunday night for picture updates of Joshua. I know you well and absolutely know for sure that you are one of the most wonderful people on this earth. Love you...Aunt Lynn