Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Look Ahead

Tonight the three of us were driving home as the sun was setting in the direction we were heading. I love sunsets, clouds and pretty skies and my husband, knowing this, does a good job of appreciating those with me. Tonight's sunset made the clouds pretty shades of pink and orange and as we were admiring them, my husband invited our son to look at the sky. He encouraged J to look forward, pointing and using a tone that indicated that what he would see would be pretty neat. Now, we were driving on the interstate with lots going on around and in front of us so a 16 month old in the back seat was probably not going to recognize that his daddy was pointing out a sunset. But, J immediately got wide-eyed and smiled and said "ohhh" like it was absolutely amazing what he was seeing. I looked at my husband and said "now that is trust." J probably had no idea what he was looking towards but because his daddy told him it was great, he completely believed it.

I wish I had that reaction when God was pointing out a direction to me. Even if I'm not sure what I'm looking at, that I would get wide eyed and excited just because my Father said it would be great.

"Look at the nations and watch— and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told."
Habakkuk 1:5

1 comment:

Nana said...

Jordan,
This is worth a million dollars to me.Please make sure this is in Joshua's baby book. You are so completely correct when you say we should all light up when God speaks. I love you Angel, Nana