Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Starbucks Surprise

Today, when I checked my box at work, I found a Starbucks giftcard in an envelope with my name on it. I don't know who gave it to me or why. I love little surprises like that and it is amazing how a little gesture like that can make me feel. I wish I could thank that person, and let them know how much it meant to me. I don't think they could have known what the gesture did for me but I think they listened and responded to God.

I look at this as one of the "smiles" that God gives me that I referred to in a previous post. I love it when God encourages me like this. It was already a long day with a long night to come. The night will still be long but at least I get to enjoy a Caramel Apple Cider while I am writing a New Testament paper! Even more so, I get to enjoy the warmth of knowing my God loves me as His child and does things to remind me of that.

No comments: