Friday, August 24, 2007

Undeniable Life

I had a conversation with a young lady about a friend of hers who recently found out she is pregnant. This girl is a teenager and there are many reasons that this pregnancy is not a good thing for her. She is not a Christian and it seems the easiest option in her mind is an abortion.

I asked how far along this girl was. It turns out that she is almost to the day as far along as I am- 8 weeks. Her baby is the same age as mine. I was almost sick when I heard that and it has been bothering me since then.

I have always been opposed to abortion but hearing that this one who will possibly be aborted is the same age as mine has really shaken me. The only difference between my baby and hers is that mine is wanted. The life of my baby is the exact same as the life of hers. They are both about 6 weeks old, have a heart beat, finger, toes, eyes and ears. They both were created by God for a purpose. It is unfathomable to me to think of my baby as anything but a living person with a wonderful future in store. I physically hurt when I think that hers may not get that chance and that she could think of it as anything different than a baby.

Please join me in praying for this girl. I hurt for her because I know she is terrified right now.

No comments: